Friday, March 13, 2015

OK - I Drive Cannot Be Denied --

In my last post, I remarked I-Drive CAN be viewed by locals as a spot to avoid and/or as a place that is only one (well-known) aspect of what Central Florida "is." 
But it's big and it's blingy - and impossible to ignore - 

I attended the Orange County Property Appraiser's "State of I-Drive" forum the day after that post.
Quite simply, I-Drive is an incredible generator of both income and opportunity.  With over $1 billion in CURRENT development occurring in an area with $11.5 billion dollars of market value ( just slightly less than $1 billion per square mile in the designated corridor) , the hefty $188 million in Tax revenue is an astounding economic engine for Central Florida.

Aside from a focus on I-Drive, Property Appraiser Rick Singh discussed the challenges of putting together fair values in an area he described as "the most complex region in the world to appraise" (meaning Orange County, generally)  -

So again, even those who analyze property worth on a more factual basis bolster the argument that Variety Rules in Central Florida -

For a great map of the I Drive area and the planned facilities, click on this link, or  cut and paste to your browser:

http://www.idrivedistrict.com/economic-development/development.asp

There is even a Live Webcam link to the new Orlando Eye at the same link - (Which doesn't move much, just yet!)






No comments:

Post a Comment